I recently came across this poll depicting the importance of our smiles in regards to , “the social arena”, “business and careers’, dating and marriage”, and the “overall value of our smiles” and “self esteem”.
Smiles and the Social Arena
1. 94% of people said they are likely to notice a person’s smile when they meet them for the first time.
2. More than half (71%) believe people with a nice smile make friends more easily.
3. Over one-third agree bad teeth, overshadows the rest of a person’s appearance.
Smiles and the Workplace
1. 74% perceive and attractive smile as important for getting the job of their dreams.
2. Over one-third agree that a person with bad teeth get fewer promotions.
Smiles and the Opposite Sex
1. 84% of adults perceive having an attractive smile as important for getting a date with Mr. or Ms. Right.
2. Over one-third would not be likely to set up their best friend on a blind date with someone with crooked teeth.
3. One-third would not be likely to kiss someone with bad teeth.
4. Almost 9 out of 10 (86%) think people with good teeth are more attractive.
Smiles and Self-Esteem
1. Almost two-thirds (64%) agree that people with a nice smile are more outgoing.
2. Over one-third of adults would trade a trip abroad , new wardrobe or other aesthetic surgery for straight teeth.
3. 87% think a one’s smile is very important to their self-esteem.
So there you have it. Smiles are a BIG deal. The good news is, Dr. Emery and her team transform lives everyday with smile makeover procedures. Contact us today to learn more about changing your smile and life for the better. Now that’s something to smile about!