The holidays are here! And for a lot of us, that means travel season. The packing focus usually lands on the big stuff: clothes, gifts, electronics, etc. But don’t forget about taking care of your pearly whites! Here’s a quick checklist that’ll save you a trip to a random drugstore once you reach your destination:
• Toothbrush holder – This is a cheap little accessory you can find for less than $5 usually. It’ll keep your toothbrush sanitary and protected from coming into contact with any other stuff in your bag.
• Travel-sized mouthwash and toothpaste – Most drugstores and home supply stores have sections dedicated to travel-sized items. Mouthwash and toothpaste are almost always there and are sized to TSA regulations for liquids, meaning you can carry them on a plane with you.
• Gum – You don’t always know where you’ll be on vacation, or if you’ll have time to brush your teeth. Keep some gum on you as a quick way to rinse your mouth and freshen your breath. It’s also great to have on the plane to keep your ears from popping. We recommend a gum that uses xylitol sweetener, as opposed to a sugar-based sweetener.
• Paraffin wax – This is nice to have on hand for emergencies. If you chip a tooth, for instance, you can place some of the wax over the jagged edge of the remaining tooth to prevent it from cutting your mouth.
• Plastic sandwich or freezer bag – Ever open your suitcase to find a tube of toothpaste exploded all over your stuff? It’s not a fun surprise. Prevent it by putting your toothpaste and mouthwash in a sealed plastic bag (this also works great for shampoo and other liquids).
• Other things to remember – You probably won’t forget these, but just in case: a toothbrush, and floss. We highly recommend the newest Sonicare Diamond Clean, and we even sell them here at the loft! They come equipped with a zip up case, and usb charger that is perfect for traveling, and even better for stocking stuffers!
Have a great trip!
Team Sugar Fix